Chicken Tinola - A Taste of Filipino Cuisine

by - 4:07 AM

I love eating a lot. And because of that, I enjoy cooking. It became my hobby. A lot of my friends tell me that my dishes are delicious. So I decided to share to you my own version of cooking Chicken Tinola.

This viand is common among Filipinos specially during rainy season. And this is also a great dish to cook for starters since it is easy and quick.

In my version, I used the free-range Chicken because it has less fats compared to the normal Chicken. If you don't want to use this, feel free to use any kind of chicken. Without further ado, here's my own recipe of Chicken Tinola.


Serving Size: 5


Ingredients:

1 Whole Free-range Chicken sliced (preferably 1kg)

1L of Water

1 cup Malunggay (Moringa) Leaves

15g of Ginger sliced in 5 parts

1 whole medium sized Onion sliced

3 cloves of Garlic slice in halves

1 Chicken Broth Cube

1/2 tsp whole Black Pepper

Salt to taste


Directions:

1: Put 1L of water in a cooking pot and bring the water to boil.

2: Add the ginger, onion, garlic, chicken broth cube and black pepper in the pot then gently stir to mix the ingredients.

3: While boiling, put the sliced free-range chicken in the pot then cover it.

4: Wait for 30 minutes.

5: Then add malunggay leaves and gently stir.

6: Lastly, add salt to taste.

7: Serve while it's hot! Yummy! :)



You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. I believe I have never eaten authentic Filipino cuisine. I'm going to try preparing this. Thanks for your recipe.

    ReplyDelete