Sinigang na Bangus Recipe

by - 7:27 AM

    Ever since I was a child, I enjoy eating soup specially the ones in viands. Because of this, I want to share this homemade dish that is very special to me: "Sinigang na Bangus" or Milk fish in Philippine Tamarind Soup.

Ingredients: 

    2 pcs Big Milk Fish (1.5 kg in total) - clean each fish and slice into 5 parts
    15g of Ginger - sliced into 5 parts
    1 medium sized Onion - sliced into 6 parts
    3 cloves of Garlic - peeled and sliced into halves
    2 pcs of Long Chili or Finger Chili (Sili pang Sigang)
    2 pcs of Tomatoes - sliced into 4 equal parts
    Water Spinach (Kangkong) - optional (you can put as many as you want)
    40g Knorr Tamarind Soup Mix
    1.5L of Water

    Directions:

      1. Boil the water into a cooking pot.
      2. Put the Knorr tamarind soup mix, onion, garlic, ginger, tomatoes and Long Chili in the boiling water.
      3. After five minutes, put the Milk fish in and cover the pot. Simmer it for 20 minutes.
      4. Add the water spinach and cover the pot for another 2 minutes. 
      5. Serve while hot. Enjoy!

    You May Also Like

    11 comments

    1. Looks good. I shall pass the recipe to my helper and get her to try this. Thanks!!

      ReplyDelete
    2. wow. This is an interesting cooking style! Thanks for sharing!

      ReplyDelete
    3. My colleague is from PH and they keep talking about this 'tamarind powder' that they use to cook. Gotta find out if it's available here!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Your recipe looks good. Might try it.

      ReplyDelete
    5. I have few Filipino friends and now I know what they was talking about. It was something like steam fish, but instead you soup it. Will try it when I have time. Thanks :D

      ReplyDelete
    6. looks interesting... right... i really want to try it out too... thanks for the recipe...

      ReplyDelete
    7. Looks good. Will give this recipe a try. Never tried anything like this before. Curious now

      ReplyDelete
    8. The recipe ain't too hard to follow, will try make one since I like soup as well :)

      ReplyDelete
    9. Looks yummy and the recipe seems easy to follow too! Might try this out one day!

      ReplyDelete
    10. It seems so easy after reading your post. Should I try it out or let the experts (my mum and sisters) to do it?

      ReplyDelete
    11. Looks and sounds amazing! Will try this soon hopefully :D

      ReplyDelete